Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Brennin: Get Your Shades On, This Star Is About To Burn Bright

by Scotty Huff

Brennin's talent was clear to me from the first time I heard him sing and play guitar. I was introduced to Brennin by a mutual friend, and his manager, Rikk Feulner, several years ago. We began to write songs together and I knew I was in the presence of a guy with a gift. His natural groove and melodic ideas were as compelling as those written by musicians twice his age. His instinct for what makes a song grab the listener is spot on.

I was soon asked to begin working with Brennin in the studio to produce what would eventually become his "Bring Back Tomorrow" album. It was during this process that I once again learned how amazing this artist is. Watching him create in the studio, chasing ideas, and delivering stellar performances was so much fun. It was inspiring to watch him grow over that six month period.

After the album was finished, I performed with Brennin in several of his live shows. Once again, I was pleasantly surprised with his command of the stage, his playing prowess, and his ability to get the best from his band.

So there I was, last friday night, at The Rutledge in Nashville, attending a Brennin show, and once again I was completely blown away with the unending forward momentum of this young dynamo! His new songs are great. His guitar playing was tasty and well planned. His stage presence was calm and in-control yet exciting and youthful. And then, to top it all off, he slides behind the piano like Paul-freakin-McCartney and knocks it out of the park!

What the future holds for Brennin is anyones guess, given the current state of the music industry. But I promise you, this kid has the potential to be among the legends of music that we all revere. Mark my words!

To learn more about Brennin, visit http://www.brennin.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment